Are you an experienced .Net Developer? Do you have a proven track record of delivering projects, working to tight deadlines and maintaining high quality standards? Are you accustomed to working in an agile development environment?
Enhance your career with our award winning, growing company.
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, and Yorkshire's number one fastest growing business for 2018, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded a Gold standard 'Investors in People' accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of 'honesty', 'simplicity' and 'responsibility', we would love to hear from you.
We recognise that people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work, and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Blend of working from home and at our office at Thorpe Park Leeds, LS15
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
As a Software Developer at Pure Retirement you will use your experience developing commercial software as a member of a team to develop and support bespoke solutions for the Financial Services sector.
You’ll be confident taking projects through the development process following current best practices, design patterns and methodologies. You’ll collaborate within a team of enthusiastic, talented, hard-working Technical Services specialists, including business use and business process experts. You will be comfortable mentoring more junior developers and be able to effectively communicate with the wider business and 3rd party suppliers. You’ll be organised and accustomed to working in an agile development environment.
- Design and development of new projects, and additional functionality to existing systems, based on business requirements
- Troubleshooting existing bespoke systems
- Peer review of other developer’s code and ensuring a high standard of quality is maintained
- Ensuring technical debt is prioritised and dealt with as soon as possible
- Technical documentation writing
- Supporting the development of more junior members within the team
- Sharing new technology and techniques with the Technical team
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
The successful candidate will have excellent business facing communication skills and be well versed in requirements analysis and being able to capture and fulfil the business user/product owner requirements whilst considering the wider technology roadmap.
A proven track record in delivering projects to production users, working to tight deadlines and to high quality standards.
Will enjoy working as part of a team as well as own their own and being an important part of the Pure Retirement Technical team, supporting the growth and the planned technology advancements of the business.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years as a software developer
Platforms and Frameworks
- C# and ASP.NET
- Web technologies HTML, CSS, JS
- SQL Server 2016+
- T-SQL, Views
- Visual Studio, Git and Microsoft ALM (TFS, VSTS, Azure DevOps)
- Service Orientated Architecture, Web Services
- SOLID principles
- Design patterns
- Unit Testing e.g. NUnit
- An understanding of agile methodologies
- .NET Core
- Web API and MVC
- Web technologies TypeScript, Bootstrap, Angular
- Message queueing topologies (Rabbit, MSMQ, Azure)
- Architecture modelling, UML, Archimate
- Containers (Docker)
- Testing Automation
- BDD, SpecFlow, Selenium
- Mobile Development, Android, iOS
- Continuous Integration, build and deployment
- Computer Science related degree, or equivalent industry experience