We are looking for a motivated person to lead our growing team of IT technicians, providing first class service to colleagues.
You must have a minimum of 1 year successfully managing a team and a technical background with a good level of technical competency in both Windows Servers and Clients, along with an understanding of virtualisation and cloud services.
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, and Yorkshire's number one fastest growing business for 2018, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded a Gold standard 'Investors in People' accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of 'honesty', 'simplicity' and 'responsibility', we would love to hear from you.
We recognise that people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work, and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
IT Team Manager
Blend of working from home and at our office at Thorpe Park Leeds, LS15
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Birthday off
- Monthly bonus scheme
- Cash healthcare plan
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Learning & Development programme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working options
- Volunteering days
- Bike to work scheme
- Gym discounts
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
To lead, support and motivate a team of IT Technicians, providing first-class service to colleagues needing IT support. Using your skills and expertise you will take a logical approach to problem solving and working with other IT professionals, prioritise work based on business impact and urgency.
- Shared team leadership responsibilities for the First Line/ Service Desk team and wider Infrastructure Team
- Operational day to day responsibility for team, including absence management (holidays/sickness/lateness)
- Reporting and KPI management
- Define and promote help desk and ticket handling procedures within the team and wider business
- Expertise across a broad range of technologies
- Embed company policies and promote good practise within the team
- Documentation of internal processes and systems
- Escalation point for technical issues by first line team
- Management of your own ticket queue alongside staff management
- Stay current with both business application and external vendor information, changes and updates
- Asset management and responsible for the starters/movers/leavers processes.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as business needs dictate
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
A presentable and highly organised individual, with a keen attention to detail and a methodical approach to their work including a logical approach to problem solving.
An effective communicator and leader who can deal with colleagues from all levels of the business and suppliers in a professional and confident manner.
Must have the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines as well as the drive to expand their knowledge as appropriate.
Must also have a technical background with a good level of technical competency in both Windows Servers and Clients, along with an understanding of virtualisation and cloud services.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in managing / coaching / mentoring / developing a team
- Ability to implement and assess performance metrics
- Ability to adapt management style based on the individual
- Strong sense of pride and teamwork and willingness to aid in the success of the team
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and bring a level of control to stressful situations
- Great communication skills
- Enterprise IT Knowledge including good level of competency in
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Office 365
- TCP/IP Networking
- Experience in using cloud services
- Enterprise Telephony Platforms knowledge (ShoreTel/Mitel experience would be ideal)
- Experience with Jira / Confluence
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Minimum of 12 months experience managing an IT team.
- GCSE or higher in IT
- ITIL foundation or higher
- Any IT industry qualification, MCSA / CCNA etc
- Further/Higher education qualifications