Are you currently working in a test analyst role providing business support, technical support or helpdesk support with a focus on data analysis and problem solving?
Do you thrive on providing excellent customer/colleague support and enjoy solving problems in a methodical and analytical manner?
Are you self-motivated and enjoy learning new technical skills in an environment that allows you innovate?
Come and join our small, friendly and innovative team at our industry award winning company
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, and Yorkshire's number one fastest growing business for 2018, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded a Gold standard 'Investors in People' accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of 'honesty', 'simplicity' and 'responsibility', we would love to hear from you.
We recognise that people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work, and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Technical Services Team Manager
Thorpe Park Leeds, LS15
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
Working closely with a dedicated team of developers you will be responsible for producing high quality testing for the business. Centred-around manual scripts with a view to move towards greater test automation, you will review and analyse specifications outlined by the Product Owner and provide necessary feedback where required. You will be keen to solve problems beyond the borders of your immediate team and demonstrate that you can think on multiple levels; from strategic and tactical to driving operational excellence.
- Making S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely) recommendations on how to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and delivery of services through the use of technology and technical methodologies.
- Liaise with clients, the project delivery team and senior business consultants to agree test deliverables, scope and acceptance criteria
- Plan, prepare and execute functional, integration, and regression testing scripts
- Work with the development team to provide robust and reusable manual and automated test coverage to all client projects
- Problem Solving. Not simply being reliant on being told what to do, the ideal candidate will seek advice from numerous learning platforms as well as colleagues.
- Accurately estimate testing effort required to assure a quality deliverable for acceptance testing.
- Identify patterns in defects across all clients, including analysis of bugs and the root cause by taking ownership to address the issue
- Actively contribute to test process improvement
- Look for opportunities to construct, develop and continuously maintain a reusable regression suite.
- Actively contribute to the continued development and implementation of the Pure test framework to deliver a product driven company strategy
- Contribute to the Company objectives and targets to ensure that they are consistently achieved.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
A Test analyst who has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong interpersonal an technical skills, as well as being a good communicator who can work well with colleagues and 3rd parties to deliver outstanding testing output.
Skills & Experience
- Quality focused with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Logical thinking and the ability to produce imaginative solutions to process or procedural problems
- Adaptable and resilient to changing needs and priorities
- Highly self-motivated and self-starting ability
- Strong analytical and technical communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong SQL and data skills
- Financial services background/knowledge
- Experience of management information
- Experienced in a 1st line support role
- Test automation
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience with SSRS
Educated to NVQ/A-level or equivalent
Min grade C in Mathematics (or equivalent)