We are looking for an experienced, personally credible, commercially focused HR Business Partner to join our team on a 12 months fixed basis to hit the ground running.
You will work alongside the Head of HR to support with the delivery of our people plans encompassing all aspects of HR and the entire employee lifecycle.
Work for our award winning IIP Gold accredited privately owned friendly SME company and add value to our team where you can flourish.
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, and Yorkshire's number one fastest growing business for 2018, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded a Gold standard 'Investors in People' accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of 'honesty', 'simplicity' and 'responsibility', we would love to hear from you.
We recognise that people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work, and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Head of HR
Thorpe Park Leeds, LS15 (predominantely home working for the forseeable with flexibility to work from the office)
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
To support the Head of HR with the delivery of our people plans by providing pro-active and commercially focused generalist HR and administration support to key stakeholders within the company on all aspects of HR. This will cover the full employee lifecycle, encompassing support for our people strategy, engagement and talent strategy, along with offering a breadth of HR experience aligned to our company values. To recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. Responsible for end to end employee lifecycle administrative tasks and contributing making the company high performing. Providing commercially sound support to employees and Managers.
Culture and Engagement
- Work with business stakeholders to champion a high-performance culture and to create an environment where behaviours are aligned to our culture and company values.
- Support the Head of HR to administer the annual engagement survey and using the feedback from these surveys, support operational Managers in the design and implementation of initiatives to optimise attraction, development, engagement and retention.
- Support the Head of HR in working with the Management team and IIP Champions to continually review operational practices to ensure the Investors In People accreditation is enhanced and subsequently maintained.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
Resourcing and On-boarding and exiting
- Manage the end to end hiring process. Sourcing effective attraction methods, preparing job descriptions, post vacancy adverts, screen candidates, set up interviews, on-board successful candidates and feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
- Ensure compliance of all new starters, including right to work, contracts and employment checks.
- Conduct HR inductions and implement effective on-boarding plans.
- Maintaining the HR database with personnel information for new joiners, existing employees and leavers.
- Organise and carry out exit interviews and provide feedback to management.
- Maintain employee records according to policy and legal requirements.
- Oversee and administer SMCR requirements.
- Ensure HR records are GDPR compliant.
- Support operational Managers in all areas of employee relations, providing robust pragmatic advice to ensure wherever possible, the commercial needs of the business are balanced with the needs of the employee.
- Provide coaching and support to Managers on policies and procedures, and conducting training sessions, and or 1-2-1 coaching sessions as appropriate on HR related topics to upskill current and new Managers on their HR obligations.
- Provide and advisory service to employees for all employment related issues.
- Remain up to date on employment legislation and subsequently review and update policies and procedures accordingly in the Employee Handbook.
- Monitoring and reviewing the outcomes of the appraisal process and talent mapping, making recommendations to the Head of HR on initiatives to meet the development and performance needs highlighted through the appraisals.
- Work with operational Managers to continually review their team structures to ensure the roles within the team/department meet their commercial objectives.
- Support the Head of HR in salary benchmarking and annual pay review to ensure consistency and fairness of salary awards.
- Support the Head of HR to produce reports, statistics and manipulate MI data on a monthly and ad hoc basis on key HR metrics for data analysis and trends and publication at monthly SLT meetings and to the Board.
- Involvement in ad hoc HR projects.
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required by the business.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
You will be an experienced, commercially focused HR generalist, who takes a pragmatic approach at all times to ensure HR practices are aligned with the objectives of the business. A robust and tenacious individual who can influence at all levels and challenge objectively to ensure the best outcome for both the employee and the business. You must be a self-starting individual with a strong emphasis on developing business relationship in order to influence and better support others.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience operating in a HR generalist role, preferably in a regulated industry.
- Experienced in working with HR databases or similar systems (e.g. payroll, CRM, ATS, LMS systems).
- Proven experience in recruitment including on-line advertising and interviewing.
- Proven experience in handling ER matters and coaching Managers.
- Experienced in dealing with the full employee lifecycle.
- Proven experience of driving process and system improvement.
- Experience of servicing the needs of the business often working to tight deadlines and stringent requirements with respect to information and data maintenance.
- Pro-active, flexible and passionate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to work across all levels of the business.
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Logical, methodical, and analytical problem-solving approach.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity at all times.
- Fully conversant with the full Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Previous role in a Financial/Professional Services organisation.
- CIPD qualified/ Associate Membership Level 3.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent preferably in a business related subject or clear evidence of experience that provides comparable knowledge.