Due to our continued success and growth, we are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Technician to join our established team.
Are you organised with a keen attention to detail? Do you have a logical approach to problem solving and the ability to prioritise issues and work to strict deadlines? Can you provide first class service to colleagues working in the office and from remote locations?
If so and you would like to be part of our award winning team, we'd love to hear from you!.
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, and Yorkshire's number one fastest growing business for 2018, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded a Gold standard 'Investors in People' accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of 'honesty', 'simplicity' and 'responsibility', we would love to hear from you.
We recognise that people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work, and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Working from home and one day per week from our office at Thorpe Park Leeds, LS15
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
As a 3rd Line Infrastructure Technician, you will be provide first-class service to colleagues needing IT support and in the delivery of IT projects. Using your skills and expertise you will take a logical approach to problem solving and working with other IT professionals, prioritise work based on business impact and urgency. .
- Third line responsibility for the day to day end user IT support needs of the company.
- Serves as first point of escalation for Second Line technicians and responsible for tickets assigned by such
- Technical expertise across a broad range of technologies
- Offers software / hardware support
- Carries out more in-depth investigation of problems and root causes
- Liaises with colleagues, other teams, team leaders or IT Infrastructure Manager for escalations as necessary
- Offer advice to end users and first / second line technicians where necessary
- Follow help desk procedures and ticket handling procedures
- Log all user interaction within helpdesk software
- Responsible for responding to any urgent tickets in unassigned when no first / second line technicians are available
- Stay current with business application and system information, changes and updates
- Any other ad hoc tasks and projects work as and when required by the IT Infrastructure Manager
A presentable and highly organised individual, with a keen attention to detail and a methodical approach to their work including a logical approach to problem solving. An effective communicator, able to deal with colleagues and suppliers in a professional and confident manner. Must have the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines as well as the drive to expand their knowledge as appropriate.
Must have a good level of competency for both Windows Client Server operating systems.
Skills & Experience
- Enterprise IT Knowledge including good level of competency in:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Office 365 inc Powershell
- Virtualisation, VMWare + Hyper V
- TCP/IP Networking – NSLookup, ping/traceroute, understanding of existence of vlans / subnets etc
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365
- Microsoft Azure
- Anti-virus, web + email security software management
- Strong sense of pride and teamwork and willingness to aid in the success of the team
- Understanding of MS SQL, including writing / de-construction of T-SQL queries
- Knowledge of proxy servers
- Knowledge of telephony systems, especially Shoretel / Mitel
- Microsoft Endpoint
- GCSE IT (equivalent) or higher preferred.
- Any IT industry qualification, MCSA / CCNA etc
- Further/Higher education qualifications
- Any IT industry qualification, MCSA / CCNA etc.
- Further/Higher education qualifications