Are you currently working in mortgage services and have experience of post completion mortgage accounts? Do you have excellent customer service skills?
We are looking for a Mortgage Customer Account Manager to assess mortgage applications from our existing customers and to effectively manage post completion queries.
Come and join our small, friendly and growing team and work for our industry award winning company and build on your existing career.
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, and Yorkshire's number one fastest growing business for 2018, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded a Gold standard 'Investors in People' accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of 'honesty', 'simplicity' and 'responsibility', we would love to hear from you.
We recognise that people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work, and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Customer Account Team Manager
Thorpe Park Leeds, LS15
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
Responsible for managing and maintaining post completion Lifetime Mortgage Customer Accounts.
To assess mortgage applications from existing customers who want further borrowing or to move home, in addition to other post completion queries. Providing the highest level of customer service and ensuring all queries are actioned within agreed service Levels.
- Deal with inbound & outbound Customer Account post completion calls.
- Underwrite & manage applications from existing customers moving home from enquiry to completion.
- Underwrite additional lending applications from enquiry to completion.
- Underwrite post completion valuation reports and prepare offers with the relevant special conditions added.
- Accountability for own underwriting decisions.
- Deal with any post completion changes to the property i.e part sale of land or adding or removing a borrower.
- General maintenance of customer accounts ensuring that all client file notes are always complete and up to date.
- Uphold the core values of Pure Retirement.
- Liaise with valuers, solicitors and intermediaries as appropriate.
- Ensure that all business written complies with the Company’s and funder’s lending criteria.
- Adhere to all anti-money laundering, data protection and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all applications comply with Equity Release Council Guidelines.
- Report any concerns to Team Manager.
- Contribute to the development of Company’s TCF policy and T&C regime.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
- A presentable and highly organised individual with a keen attention to detail and a methodical approach to their work.
- Must have the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines. An approachable, customer service focused individual who has good technical ability, shows excellent attention to detail and a proven ability to work using own initiative.
- An adaptable person who is able to deal with changes in processes & criteria on a regular basis.
- In depth knowledge of post completion underwriting and processes.
- The individual should be a team player with excellent customer focus, and an effective communicator. They should also be able to handle sensitive issues in a sympathetic and professional manner.
Skills & Experience
- Analytical and methodical thinking
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
- Excellent empathy skills and caring compassionate nature
- Good technical ability
- Good decision making skills
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Previous experience in equity release
- Financial Services Mortgage Underwriting experience
- Proven experience of dealing with post completion Mortgage Accounts
- Grade C or higher in Maths & English GCSE or equivalent