Are you an experienced Product Owner used to working in an agile environment?
Do you have experience of taking projects through the development process?
Do you want to work with talented and hard-working specialists?
Come and join our small, friendly and innovative team at our industry award winning company.
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, and Yorkshire's number one fastest growing business for 2018, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded a Gold standard 'Investors in People' accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of 'honesty', 'simplicity' and 'responsibility', we would love to hear from you.
We recognise that people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work, and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Technical Services Manager
Thorpe Park Leeds, LS15
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
As Product Owner at Pure Retirement you will use your experience of business analysis, product ownership and working with development teams to advance the product roadmap and vision in developing bespoke solutions for the Financial Services sector.
You will be confident taking projects through the development process following current best practices, designs and agile methodologies. You’ll collaborate within a team of enthusiastic, talented, hard-working Technical Services specialists, including software developers, business users and business process experts. You will be able to effectively communicate with the wider business and 3rd party suppliers. You will be organised and accustomed to working in an agile development environment.
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Collaborate with business departments to gather and understand requirements. Functional and non-functional.
- Document and refine requirements to aid the development process.
- Create and maintain the product backlog, including epics and user stories
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prepared tasks to work on.
- Ensuring technical debt is prioritised and dealt with as soon as possible
- Produce product documentation and brief release notes
- Collaborate with the development team in order to identify the best solutions to meet needs.
- Manage business expectations.
- Manage the estimation process, working with the development team to produce suitable estimates as needed.
- Review all development output to ensure it meets the needs of the business to deliver the intended benefits.
- Become the product expert.
- Keep up to date with industry sector developments
- Actively seek improvements to processes and systems, contributing to our culture of continuous improvement.
- Mentoring/Coaching and sharing best practices
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
The successful candidate will be familiar with the role of Product Owner in an agile environment. You will have excellent business facing communication skills and be well-versed in requirements gathering and analysis, able to capture and fulfil the business user needs whilst considering the wider strategic roadmap.
A proven track record in delivering projects to production users, working to deadlines and to high quality standards.
Will enjoy working as part of a team as well as own their own and being an important part of the Pure Retirement Technical team, supporting the growth and planned technology advancements of the business.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years working in software development as a Product Owner or Business Analyst.
- Experience of running requirements workshops.
- Strong presentation skills
- Organise and run meetings
- Familiarity with requirements management tools e.g. Jira, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps or Trello etc.
- Good experience of working with MS Office productivity tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- A good understanding of agile methodologies, Kanban, Lean
- Writing User Stories and backlog management
- Agile estimation, prioritisation and planning.
- Experience of User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Financial lending services experience
- Experience working in a .NET environment
- BDD, SpecFlow
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Mobile Product Development, Android, iOS
- Working with Data centric products.
Recognised certification for Business Analysis of Product Ownership e.g. ISEB Business Analysis, BCS Diploma in Business Analysis or Scrum Certified Product Owner etc.
University Degree in computing or business related subject