Are you an experienced Web Developer and have experience of HTML, PHP, CSS, SASS and Twig?
Join our leading web team to support with building the digital journey for our industry award winning brand.
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, and Yorkshire's number one fastest growing business for 2018, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded a Gold standard 'Investors in People' accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of 'honesty', 'simplicity' and 'responsibility', we would love to hear from you.
We recognise that people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work, and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Web Development Manager
Thorpe Park Leeds, LS15
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
A varied web development role with great opportunities for career development. You will be responsible for the design, layout, coding and maintenance of our websites. You will be working closely with the web team and supporting the marketing team with building the digital journey for the Pure brand.
- Write programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements.
- Ability to be patient and coach junior members of the team.
- Responsibility for project managing development of future-proof web applications with a focus on security and expandability.
- Write secure and robust back-end code for online financial applications & websites including but not limited to writing systems for secure authentication of sensitive data.
- Peer review other team members code
- Being able to solve problems and seek solutions
- Testing the website and identify any technical problems
- Assisting the Web and Marketing Team with ad-hoc day to day tasks
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required by the business
- Is adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- Displays a positive attitude
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members
- Highly organised and able to work to strict deadlines
- Appreciates each team member's contributions
- An effective and confident communicator who is approachable
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work
Skills & Experience
- Web development experience (at least 5 years)
- Previous office experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of HTML/CSS/SASS/Twig
- Linux command line experience
- Experience using Gulp or any other task managers
- Github or other version management tools
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with PHP
- Financial services background/knowledge
- Management experience
- Ideally a Web Development/Computer Science related degree or qualification