Are you working in the financial services sector and possess a logical and analytical approach to problem solving? Have you considered a career in regulatory compliance?
Work for our industry leading company and forge a new career in the growing compliance field
Pure Retirement was founded on the belief that everyone deserves to enjoy their later years
A specialist mortgage lender to the Equity Release market, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of the Equity Release Award for Best Provider for Adviser Support for three years running, and Yorkshire's number one fastest growing business for 2018, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
At Pure we are committed to exceptional standards of performance, continually improving and developing our business through the colleagues we employ
Awarded a Gold standard 'Investors in People' accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of 'honesty', 'simplicity' and 'responsibility', we would love to hear from you.
We recognise that people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work, and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Head of Compliance and Risk
Thorpe Park Leeds, LS15
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
To support the compliance team in ensuring that the business complies with its obligations in relation to regulatory bodies and applicable legislation. To conduct detailed file checks to ensure that the Pure standard is maintained.
- Conduct monthly file reviews.
- Reviewing completed Lifetime Mortgage files with defined targets and objectives (Volume and quality of reviews)
- Monitoring and logging remedial work to ensure compliance.
- Identify any areas of risk and provide feedback to individuals. This will include reports to team managers.
- Ensure that all compliance records are appropriately maintained and accurate.
- Call monitoring and reporting.
- Provide information for upward reporting.
- Undertake additional audit activities as required.
An approachable and organised individual with the ability to embrace and develop regulatory processes and procedures. An excellent communicator with the ability to interact with all levels of the organisation. Capable of handling high volumes of file checking whilst retaining a high level of accuracy.
Skills & Experience
- 1 or more years of experience in the Financial Services Sector
- An excellent communicator
- Excellent administrative skills
- IT Literate
- Excellent attention to detail
- An understanding of the FCA and financial regulation
- Experience in the mortgage lending field and in particular the Lifetime Mortgage subsector
- Experience in a QA or file checking role
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent